Welcome to BoringFinance.com!
- Boring Finance is knowing what an investment is worth.
- Boring Finance is not having bad surprises at the end of the month.
- Boring Finance is understanding the jargon and nuances in financial documents and contracts.
- Boring Finance is not being swindled by a con artist.
- Boring Finance is having plans that match your resources that match reality.
- Boring Finance is being able to do what you want to do without stressing over how you pay for it.
- This site will help you learn Boring Finance.
online application manager: Application for Portfolio Seminar Admission - Fall 2017
Taught by: G. Michael Phillips and James Chong
In FIN 491ABH and FIN 491 BBH, a small group of students manage three portfolios, worth millions of dollars, on behalf of CSUN and its affiliated organizations.
Both courses are offered in Fall and Spring, and are open to all students, regardless of major, by competitive admission.
Please read the additional information in the "syllabus" link before applying.
In order to apply for the class, please sign in to www.BoringFinance.com (you might need to create a free account first) and then "add" the Online Application Manager as one of your "courses". The application essays are in the "Assignments" area of the "Online Applications Manager". Please note that "adding" the Online Application Manager does not enroll you in the actual portfolio seminar, but simply gives you access to the tools to provide your background information and application essay so you may be considered for the seminar.
The portfolio management seminar is a rigorous, time-consuming, class taught as a challenging "Honors Seminar". It meets most weeks in JH2228.
After you provide the necessary application essays using the Online Admission Application tool, you will be informed whether you are admitted to the seminar or not. If you are admitted, you will be provided a section number and a permission number so you can enroll.